Specifics of this article type:
Guidelines should aim to determine a course of action or to streamline particular processes according to a sound practice. They must be generated by experts in consensus, using evidence levels approaches, aiding to good clinical practice by helping physicians weigh the benefits and risks of a particular technical performance, diagnostic procedure, or therapeutic action. They also include any opinion or statement related to the imaging value chain and patient’s management aspects on imaging related topics.
The abstract of a guideline article is not required to be structured, but should summarise the main issues of the article.
Max. 5,000 words (main text document excl. references and legends), 5 tables and 12 figures.
- Cover letter (following the instructions)
- Title page
- Main text document (title, abstract, key points, keywords, abbreviations, introduction, methods, results, discussion, references, optional: figure/table legends)Declarations (using the template)
- Graphical abstract (using the template)
- Figures Tables (in editable format)
- Electronic Supplementary Material (in editable format)
Detailed instructions and templates can be found here